Former Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag on Saturday revealed that the Indian Army had been preparing for the 2016 surgical strikes since June 2015, adding that the troops were told that “failure not an option”.As the country is commemorating the second anniversary of the cross-Line of Control (LoC) operation that the Indian Army carried out against terror camps in September 2016, Suhag recalled how the operation was planned and implemented.
“After the success of Myanmar strike in June 2015, I was quite certain in my mind that any major incident in the country or along the western borders or in J-K, the government and the people of the country would expect us to carry out similar strikes in Pakistan.
And immediately after that, I issued directions to my headquarters and when I went, in maybe June end or beginning of July 2015, to headquarters of Northern Command, I told asked them to start preparing for strikes in Pakistan with immediate effect. It is from then that preparations started. The planning and training of the para-commando teams and preparation of the equipments that we used for the operations started from that time,” Suhag revealed.